Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is a quick and easy side dish vegetable that is constantly requested in our house.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli has quickly become one of my new favorite ways to eat broccoli. It’s crazy how addictive this broccoli is! It’s always fun to find new ways to introduce veggies to your kids.
I think what I love the most about this side dish is that there is virtually no dirty dishes to clean up! Toss all the ingredients on a baking sheet, and voila! You’re off the hook for dishes!
- 4 to 5 pounds broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 8 cups of florets. Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, sunflower seeds, and Parmesan. Serve hot.
need more ideas?