Dutch Oven Chicken and Veggies
This Dutch Oven Chicken and Veggies recipe is incredibly easy to make on your next camping trip. You can also make it at home.
We aren’t really camping people but we do love to Dutch oven cook! It seems like if it’s a special occasion, we whip out the Dutch ovens and cook something yummy!
At the end of May, two of my daughters have birthdays. Since we try to make their favorite on this day, this is what was requested.
We have been making this recipe since my older kids were little. There was even a time when I forgot plates and we used whatever we could. It makes memories, right?
This recipe is so simple but feels like you are preparing a gourmet meal. It has proven this over the years!
- green pepper, diced
- 1 onion
- 1 small carton of sliced mushrooms
- 1 can of olives, drained
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 pack of back
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small ham, sliced
- chicken pieces
- Prepare coals for the Dutch Oven
- Place the bacon slices on the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Add the chicken pieces and the ham.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the onion and green pepper.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven. We have a Dutch oven volcano so we put coals on the bottom and on top 8 to 10.
- Check on and off but it will take about an hour. Make sure your chicken is done.
- 15 to 20 minutes before it’s done, add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives.
Dutch Oven Ideas?