It’s Dutch Oven Season! WE LOVE LOVE LOVE dutch oven season! This is a super easy and quick dutch oven dessert. Our family goes dutch oven cooking on Sunday afternoons for Sunday dinner and we are always looking for the best recipes and this is one of my favorites. I know you’ll love it!!
12 Rhodes AnyTime Cinnamon Rolls thawed but still cold
4 Granny Smith apples, diced
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 cup of crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup of carmel ice cream topping
2 packets of cream cheese frosting (comes with the rolls)
1. It’s so much easier to prepare most of the stuff at home, so we mixed together the brown sugar, cinnamon and crushed graham crackers together in a ziploc bag before we left.
2. In another ziploc bag mix together the cream cheese frosting and the carmel ice cream topping.
3. When you get to the camp site we greased the dutch oven with butter, then cut up the cold cinnamon rolls into about 6 different chunks per roll. Then spread them along the bottom.
4. Dice the apples and put them in the ziploc bag with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and graham cracker mix. Cover all the apples completely, then put them on top of the cinnamon rolls.
5. Then you want to cook it at about 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Make sure you put less briquettes on bottom than on top, you do not want to burn the dessert.
6. When you are ready to eat dump on the carmel icing and serve warm!! It’s super good the kids kept coming back for more!