School Lunch Peanut Butter Bars
School Lunch Peanut Butter Bars! Who remembers their favorite dessert from school lunch? School Lunch Peanut Butter Bars were my favorite. Practically perfect in every way.
I can’t believe it took me so long to share this recipe! My husband absolutely loves peanut butter bars. Every time he goes to the store, he will either bring home raisin-filled cookies and a pack of peanut butter bars!
When I was growing up, we had delicious things like this in our lunch every day. School lunch recipes are close to my heart because my two cute grandmas were lunch ladies and my grandma Ainge was the headwoman and decided what was going to be served in the lunches! Both ladies were amazing cooks!
YOU will not be disappointed by this recipe! I changed up the icing and it put it over the top of yumminess! If you are trying to eat healthily, have a cheat day, and have one, and then spread the love! You won’t be sorry!
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter, I used smooth
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
3 cups quick oats
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until it is light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat well. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt and then add to the butter mixture, and combine. Add the oats and give it a good stir to make sure it’s combined.
- Press the dough into the cookie sheet and make it’s flat. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Let cool for about 10 minutes
- Frosting: In a bowl, whip the butter and the melted chocolate for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined and the frosting is creamy, and then frost those puppies, and cut into bars!
PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES