Smoked Tri-Tip Steak
Smoked Tri-Tip Steak is the perfect dinner with perfect leftovers. We love our smoker!
We have been smoking meat like crazy, Quarantine has been good to us. We’ve had tri-tip, brisket, and chicken. All things we can save and freeze for another time. Brisket is my favorite, but tri-tip is a close 2nd. Matt made this and it was awesome. Paternity leave has been a heaven-sent, we have got a lot finished and Matt has been cooking a lot!
- 2-3 pound tri-tip roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Clark Crew BBQ Jack’d Brisket Rub
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees. Use your favorite pellet blend.
- Season the tri-tip on all sides and place it in the smoker. Close the lid and smoke until the internal temperature reads 120 degrees F for a rare roast, 133 for a medium roast, 140 for a medium-well roast.
- When tri-tip is near the correct internal temperature, pull off the smoker and then preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
- Sear the tri-tip for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Pull your tri-tip out of the pan and move onto the cutting board. Allow the roast to rest for 15 minutes before slicing against the grain and serving. The grain changes in tri-tip, so I always start at the smallest point end and angle the knife as needed to keep my slices going against the grain.
Need More Ideas?