Baked Potato Wedge Fries
We have so many potatoes, we decided to make Baked Potato Wedge Fries.
When Matt went shopping for food, when all of this quarantine started he bought lots of food. Lots of food we don’t normally eat, I’m not sure what he was thinking. I was grateful that I had him home to help me.
We NEVER eat Poptarts, he bought 3 Costco boxes of Poptarts. Sometimes we have potatoes but not very often, he bought a large bag of potatoes.
I’ve had to get creative with what we make with them. Baked potato wedge fries were then made! This is something we can get Grey to eat. Anyways, these were crispy and good to eat!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Start by washing the potatoes. Then cut each potato in half lengthwise, cut each half into 2 to 4 wedges. You should get around 6 to 8 wedges per potato.
- Put the wedges in a bowl of ice water to get rid of any excess starch. Let it sit in the water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the over to 425 degrees; I used convection. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil.
- After 30 minutes pull the wedges out of the water and dry completely. The drier they are the crispier they will be.
- Put the wedges n a small bowl and toss to coat with olive oil, paprika, onion powder, and garlic salt.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve hot fresh out of the oven.