A glorified baked potato loaded with melted Romano cheese, sour cream, and crisp Panko Bread Crumbs!
We love potatoes at our house! I think these look so fancy but the truth is that they are so simple to make! When you make them for your family, they will think they have to put on their best clothes because something special is about to happen.
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 Tablespoons finely grated Romano Cheese
4 Tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, make slices across the potato the short way about 1.8 to 1/4 inch apart, making sure to cut down to the bottom of the potato, but not all the way through.
- The slices should stay connected at the bottom. Place potatoes in a bowl filled with cold water and 2 teaspoons of salt, this will prevent the potato from going brown.
- In a small bowl combine seasonings, flour, cheese, and bread crumbs. Roll the potatoes in the melted butter and then roll them in the seasonings.
- Place them cut side up in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, and drizzle with the remaining butter. Sprinkle the leftover seasonings and add a little more salt and pepper. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
SIDE DISH RECIPES