Here’s another attempt to try and be a little more healthy in my life. Butternut Squash with Pasta, I have to confess I have never been a fan of squash. I really loved this recipe!
Like I said previously, squash is not my favorite. We are sick of eating the same old veggies. I have decided to pick up something new at the grocery every week and try it out. Butternut Squash was next on my list, so here we go! This was super good!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces of pasta of your choice, I used what we had
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 medium cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan, (plus some for garnish)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the butternut squash in the microwave for 2 minutes to soften the skin. Then peel off the skin, cut in half, scoop out the insides and then cube into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine squash, chopped onion, kosher salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss to coat and spread out on a large jelly roll pan.
- Roast for about 35 to 40 minutes, until tender and lightly browned and turn about halfway through the roasting time.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed on the package; drain and rinse with hot water. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or skillet over medium low heat, cook butter and Italian seasoning until the butter begins to brown. Add the garlic and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Make sure to not burn the butter.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the butter mixture along with the roasted butternut squash and onions. Put back on the hear and continue cooking and stirring until pasta and squash are hot.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. Toss with 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese just before serving.