We love TACOS!! You should do the Beef Taco Marinade tomorrow for Taco Tuesday!
At our house, we have tacos so frequently it is shocking that we actually are not sick of them. When Matt was grabbing food at the beginning of maternity leave he bought a lot of different types of meat and froze them and now we are trying to figure out how to use them all. This was a fantastic dinner that did not take a whole lot of effort. I mean right now is a good time to try a little more fancy meals. I don’t always feel motivated enough to make the fancy stuff!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast, sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together vegetable oil, vinegar, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion, and garlic in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the sliced beef, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then pull the beef out of the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Transfer beef and lime juice marinade to a large baking dish. Add beef stock and cover baking dish with tinfoil.
- Bake in the oven until the beef is very tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Allow meat to rest for about 10 to 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste before serving.