Café Rio Shredded Beef Copycat recipe, the easiest copy cat recipe you will literally ever find! You can use this in burritos, tacos, or salads. This recipe is awesome!
I have to tell you that I have been a Costa Vida girl through and through. Well, the shredded beef tacos at Café Rio are simply better. It’s sad but true. People told me that my taste in food would change after I got pregnant, well they were right.
I know I have told you guys this before but I really used to not like Mexican food, at all. Now I just can’t get enough! Matt is so happy about it, every time I’m like “tacos tonight?” he jumps for joy! Now he thinks he can get me to love sushi, well it’s never going to happen, Matthew, keep dreaming!
This recipe was just kind of made out of what I already had in the house since I’m trying to clear out our cupboards before we move. For this picture we made tacos, but you can make whatever you would like. Just put some cheese on a tortilla on the flat top and melt it. Then top it with lettuce and Pico de Gallo. It’s a bomb, so give it a shot!
- 3-pound rump roast
- 10 oz can of green enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and quartered
- 1 1/3 cups beef broth
- salt to taste
- Place the roast in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour the beef broth, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce over the roast. Top with cumin and garlic. Place onion slices over the top. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions. Shred the meat with two forks, and season with salt if you wish.
- We made tacos but you can do whatever you’d like! Enjoy!