Creamy Carrot Soup! A couple of weeks ago, Jessica hosted a cousin camp at her house and Lisa is the same age as one of the cousins, so Lisa was invited to come. Andie went down to help her sister, Jessica with all the activities. So that meant Mike and I could go on an adventure! Woo Hoo!
One of our adventures was to try out a restaurant in Saint George called the Painted Pony that we have never tried. We were intrigued when the waitress asked us if we wanted to try their creamy carrot soup with a hint of jalapeno.
I truly didn’t know if I would like it but, I did, I really did! That meant when it was my week, I had to try to come up with a recipe that did justice to what we had experienced, and I succeeded, baby! It so creamy and fresh that it’s a perfect Summer dinner when you want something light and something full of flavor. The jalapeno just gives it a little kick but doesn’t overpower the soup.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno - if you don't want it too hot remove the seeds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Melt butter in a stock pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Add the carrots, broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the carrots are tender, it will take about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, salt, pepper, and jalapeno. Remove the soup from the heat.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to same pan. Stir in the honey, lemon juice, and yogurt. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.