I am a soup lover! It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, I love soup! Sometimes you don’t think of making it in the Summer months but it’s a quick and easy way to feed your family. I have never been a fan of cauliflower until now! This soup is so creamy, so comforting, and packed with so much flavor that it will knock your socks off!
My husband wasn’t too thrilled when I told him I was making cauliflower soup. I had to remind him to be patient and trust me! As soon as we started to roast the cauliflower and garlic, it was apparent that this was going to be amazing soup! Seriously, this is my new all-time favorite soup!
- 1 head garlic cloves, removed from skins
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and black pepper
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 to 3 carrots, diced
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place cauliflower florets in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add garlic cloves. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and roast until cauliflower and garlic is tender and golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion,carrots, celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour onto the vegetables and stir until they are coated.
- Stir in vegetable stock, and stir until its combined
- Add cauliflower and garlic. Bring to a boil; until the broth has thickened.
- Stir in heavy cream; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.