The past week, I have been having fun reconnecting with some family favorite recipes! Whenever I’m asked to take a meal to a family in our ward, this is my go-to meal. My Jessica used to come home for lunch when she was in high school just to make sure she got the leftovers! It’s a quick and easy recipe that anyone can make and it’s delicious!
- 2 to 3 pounds ground beef (it just depends how meaty you want it)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large container cottage cheese
- 2 bottles of Prego spaghetti sauce ( I use the fresh mushroom)
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion and season the meat with salt and pepper, break up the meat into chunks.
- Drain the meat in a colander, so you can remove the extra water and grease.
- Mix beef with the Prego sauce until the sauce is heated.
- Coat the bottom of the baking dish with the meat mixture. Layer the noodles, meat sauce, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese. Continue layers until pan is full.
- I leave some of the meat sauce to cover the top.
- Cover pan with tin foil and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. It will be easier to cut and serve.