Easy Baked Corndogs
Easy Baked Corndogs! I needed something quick and easy. It’s unreal how much more busy I feel with a child than without. Easy Baked Corndogs were quick and easy!
I thought I was busy before Grey was born. Nothing compares to now! We are getting kicked out of our rental house in January so we are packing our stuff a little at a time so we don’t have to do it all at once. With that we need to start clearing out the food in our cupboards and freezer.
This is a recipe born out of the food we had in our cupboard. We had leftover frozen hot dogs in our freezer as well as corn bread! Hence, easy baked corn dogs, it only took me 10 minutes to put together! Give these a try they were yummy!
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 8 hot dogs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8″ x 8″ square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the hot dogs. Stir to combine and then pour half of the mixture into the pan. Cut the hot dogs in half and lay them flat on the batter. Then top with the remaining batter. It completely covered my hot dogs.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then slice and serve. We served with ketchup and mustard.