Baked Eggs with Zoodles
Since you can have all the meat and cheese your little heart desires on the keto diet, life is good. But sometimes you want something that won’t leave you feeling quite as weighed down. That ‘s where the baked eggs with zoodles fit in. High in fat and protein, they’re the perfect way to mix up breakfast or even dinner.
My husband is doing so well on this diet. It makes it so satisfying to find new recipes that can mix up his menu. Plus, it’s something that the rest of the family can enjoy too.
Mike has fallen in love with zoodles. Of course, you can make your own but several stores have them prepared for you and it makes life that much easier.
My most favorite way to eat them is as zucchini noodles. I just can’t get enough of zoodles. They mimic a traditional noodle so nicely every time I eat them I feel like I consumed a whole vat of homemade spaghetti. #heaven Which sends all kinds of warm fuzzies all over my body. Seriously, all of the yumminess and none of the carbs! #killingit
Zucchini noodles are just so satisfying, their flavor is so delicate and smooth AND they’re so healthy… that never happens – right!! Usually, the food we love isn’t so great for us – but not this time… zucchini noodles for the win people!! If you haven’t already I encourage, no I implore you to give them a try!
- Nonstick spray
- 3 zucchini, spiraled into noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Red-pepper flakes, for garnishing
- Dried Mozzarella, for garnishing
- 2 avocados, halved and thinly sliced
- . Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini noodles and olive oil to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 even portions, transfer to the baking sheet and shape each into a nest.
- 3. Gently crack an egg into the center of each nest. Bake until the eggs are set, 9 to 11 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with red-pepper flakes and Mozzarella . Serve alongside the avocado slices.