Chicken broccoli Casserole is a family legend! This casserole is full of chicken and broccoli, with a creamy sauce with a pinch of curry powder. Chicken Broccoli casserole is my son’s favorite dish!
It is a standby weeknight meal and easy to make, freeze, and bake at a later date. You can freeze it for up to 6 months. If frozen, bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Casseroles are the first version of the one pan meal.
Most of the casseroles from the 80’s did have a lot of creamy soups added but that doesn’t make it all bad.
Chicken Curry Casserole is one of those casseroles.
If you haven’t tried curry before, it just adds another layer of flavor to this recipe. It’s not spicy at all!
Chicken broccoli Casserole
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, all bones and skin removed, coarsely chopped.
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the of the broccoli florets at the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine chopped chicken, mayo, cream of chicken soups, curry powder and garlic. Stir together until combined.
- Spread evenly over broccoli florets. In a small skillet, melt the butter and add the Panko crumbs., brown crumbs over a medium heat. Top casserole with bread crumbs. Cover with foil and place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve after letting it rest for 5 minutes.
Weeknight Dinner Ideas?