Chicken broccoli Casserole is smothered in a creamy sauce that has just a touch of curry powder. The whole casserole is topped with breadcrumbs and baked until golden and bubbly. Chicken Broccoli casserole is my son’s favorite dish!
It is a standby weeknight meal and easy to make, freeze, and bake at a later date. You can freeze it for up to 6 months. If frozen, bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Casseroles get a bad rap. They’re considered dated, unhealthy, unhip.
The reality, though, is that casseroles can be delicious. Many casseroles will pluck at the chords of nostalgia in your heart and have your mouth watering just at the mere mention of their names.
Chicken Curry Casserole is one of those casseroles.
Though not a true Indian curry, this layered dish of juicy chicken and tender broccoli, and the curried cream sauce is divine.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, all bones and skin removed, coarsely chopped.
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the of the broccoli florets at the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine chopped chicken, mayo, cream of chicken soups, curry powder and garlic. Stir together until combined.
- Spread evenly over broccoli florets. In a small skillet, melt the butter and add the Panko crumbs., brown crumbs over a medium heat. Top casserole with bread crumbs. Cover with foil and place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve after letting it rest for 5 minutes.
Weeknight Dinner Ideas?