CORN AND BACON CHOWDER will become your go to recipe! This is full of flavor! This is oozing with corn, bacon, potatoes and creamy sauce. Do I need to say more?
I love soup! For me, it doesn’t matter if it’s cold outside or hot, I love me some soup! I will admit that it is completely a comfort food in the Winter.
My favorite soups are the creamy soups in any form, in fact, I haven’t come across a soup that I didn’t love. It’s a perfect solution for a weeknight dinner or if you have a big crowd for the holidays. It will not disappoint!
Shayna requested this for her birthday dinner. We had two different soups and I was convinced that we would have leftovers but, there wasn’t any soup left after the celebration. There are so many different layers of flavor that it will delight your tastebuds, and satisfy your appetite.
CORN AND BACON CHOWDER
- 4 ears or 4 cups of corn
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 oz bacon , chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic clove , minced
- 1 small onion , diced
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2 potatoes , cut into 1 cubes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup green onions,diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the corn off the cob. Keep the cobs.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until golden. Use a slotted spoon to remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Leave fat in pot.
- Lower heat to medium high. Add 2 tbsp butter, once melted, add garlic and onion. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion and make sure they are coated. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, potatoes, and thyme. Break cobs into 2 or 3 and add into the liquid. Put the lid on and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove lid, remove corn cobs. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked to your taste.
- Stir through cream and 3/4 of the bacon and green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with remaining bacon and green onions.
12 thoughts on “Yummy Corn and Bacon Chowder”
Our family absolutely loves corn chowder! Thanks for sharing!
We do too!
This sounds so yummy! Pinning!
it’s so good!
This looks amazing! Nothing is better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold night. Add in some delicious crusty bread with butter and there just isn’t a better meal. Thanks for sharing to Inspire Me Monday. I am pinning this recipe for later.
Wow this sounds amazing! Love new soup recipes for fall!
Sounds yummy!! Thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 5 for Thanksgiving Recipes. Shared. I invite you to also link up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 6.
Oh wow; that looks so delicious and sounds so flavorful too. Pinned.
it’s so yummy!
Oh wow, this looks so yummy. I miss the cold days where I can enjoy a good bowl of soup. I live down south and it’s way to hot to be able to make soups through the year. But as soon as the temps drop down to 70 I start cooking 🙂
soup is the best!