When I think about Winter and what comes to mind is the beautiful snow, crisp air, and delicious soup! My husband is the guru of soup!!! My kids have told him for years that he should open up a restaurant and only serve soup. My Mikie is a perfectionist when it comes to cooking. He stresses about what will make “his” soup the best. He will make it over and over again until it gets the seal of approval.
This soup is perfect! When he has a chance to make it, it’s gone before you know it. If your lucky enough to have leftovers, it’s even better the next day.
The minute that the first leaf fell in Fall, I started to think about this soup! I guess soup is my comfort food! It’s so creamy and full of flavor that you will be licking your bowl!
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 bottles of clam juice (8 ounce)
- 4 cans of clams (6.5 ounce)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- In a large pan, boil potatoes.Make sure you have enough water to completely cover the potatoes and it won’t boil dry.
- Make sure your potatoes are cooked but still slightly firm. Drain water from the pan but leave 1 cup of the water for the stock.
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons butter, add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and make sure they are coated. Add to the cooked potatoes.
- Add clam juice, clams(do not drain juice), heavy cream, and butter, continually stirring. Keep stirring the soup on a medium heat until soup thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Want to mix things up! Garnish with cheese, bacon or even your favorite nut!