Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake
Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake! I have always loved crumb cakes and I haven’t ever made one for the blog. This Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is an easy recipe that everyone will have success with and love! It’s a crumbly cake but doesn’t let that fool you, it’s so moist!
Every Sunday we have a house full of our kids for dinner. I love it because it gives me a chance to talk to my adult kids at least once a week. I love the relationship they have with each other and I could seriously sit there silently and just listen to them talk.
Last night, we had a group text that just wouldn’t die because they were having so much fun. What is Sunday dinner without dessert? It’s a great time for me to try out new recipes and feed my cute family! A few weeks ago, I decided to make a cinnamon apple crumb cake since it’s getting close to Fall.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large (or 2 small) tart apples-peeled and chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease 8 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cinnamon Crumb: In a bowl, mix together dry ingredient, add melted butter and vanilla and stir until the mixture is evenly moist, set aside.
- Cake: In a large bowl, cream together butter with sugar until light and fluffy, add egg and beat well, then add vanilla and sour cream and beat again.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and add to the butter mixture, stir until just combined.
- Spread half the batter at the bottom of the pan. Spread the apple chunks evenly over the batter, then sprinkle about 1 cup of the cinnamon crumbs over the apples. Spread the remaining batter over the crumbs and on top spread the rest of the cinnamon crumbs.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Before remove the ring of springform pan run a thin knife around the cake.
- To make the glaze whisk together powdered sugar with apple cider and drizzle over the cake.