Caramel Puffed Corn is delicious, caramel covered, buttery, corn puffs are my favorite treat in the whole world! I could eat them ALL day long!
Quick and Easy Recipe for Caramel Puffed Corn, just like caramel corn without the kernels. Great snack for movie night. Perfect gift for Christmas gifts.
I just made this for the cheer squad and it was an absolute hit! It’s crunchy, tasty and impossible to resist!
It’s true, I love anything caramel but if I had to choose, I’d choose puffed corn every time. The puff corn has a saltier flavor, which gives you a salty, sweet combo! With the crispy exterior and seriously melt in your mouth interior, it’s really a snack that can’t be beaten!
Caramel Puffed Corn
- 1 bag (8 to 9 ounces) puff corn
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Spray a large roaster with cooking spray. Pour puff corn into large bowls or a roaster.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and corn syrup and mix well. Add a pinch of salt. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract; the mixture will foam and expand. Carefully pour syrup over puff corn and toss to mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Pour onto waxed paper or foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let Caramel Puff Corn cool at least 30 minutes. Break into bite size pieces and store in closed container.
- Note: Puff corn is found in the snack/chip aisle of the grocery store