Lip Smackin’ Coleslaw
Lip Smackin’ Coleslaw! Ever since we got our smoker we have been doing a lot of meat on the grill. There are certain side dishes that go well with smoked meat and coleslaw is one of them!
Growing up the only coleslaw that ever passed by my lips was from Kentucky Fried Chicken. Don’t get me wrong, they make a mighty fine slaw but homemade is always better!
The men in our family have been on a quest to try every kind of meat known to man on the grill! A few weeks ago, the chosen one was turkey breasts. My assignment was to find a side to go with their glorious main dish. I searched all over and I came to the conclusion that coleslaw was the would be the crown jewel!
My husband is really picky and a lot of times, he will tell me that certain recipes should not go on the blog. That wasn’t the case with this recipe! He raved about it and had to have seconds.
I was holding Amber’s son, Haden, while I was eating and he couldn’t wait for me to give him a bite using a fork, he just dived in with his hands and couldn’t stop eating it! That’s pretty good when you find something a toddler will eat on their own!
- 1/2 green medium cabbage.outer leaves removed
- 1/2 purple medium cabbage.outer leaves removed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds ( if you don't have celery seed, celery salt will work)
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or more to taste
- The juice from 1 lemon
- Quarter the cabbage through the core, and then cut out the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and finely shred. Place the shredded cabbage in a very large bowl . Add the shredded carrot and parsley to the cabbage and toss to mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds,lemon juice, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour dressing over the cabbage and carrot then mix well.
- Eat right away or let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors marry and the cabbage to soften.
6 thoughts on “Yummy Lip Smackin’ Coleslaw”
The mens meat quest did make me laugh! I usually use a premade slaw sauce, but yours looks super easy so might give it a try!
Always a favourite! when was the last time i had coleslaw? should try one. Perfect idea of pairing with turkey breast . This is good for my eating habit.
This coleslaw looks really good, you got me craving for a bowl! I love a good recipe, especially one that would be a hit! This is something that I’m totally making! The recipe is a keeper!
Coleslaw is a great side dish for so many main dishes. I know my family loves coleslaw and this recipe is something I will have to make. It would be a great side dish for Thanksgiving day dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Yum!! We love coleslaw here, and I feel like it’s generally underappreciated. They make for such tasty salads – we use them a lot and I’d love to try your recipe.
Wow! I love Coleslaw and vegetables. This Lip Smackin’ Coleslaw is tempting and looks so yummy, Will surely try this easy recipe.