Creamy Taco Casserole! Lisa, my 16-year-old use to think that she could only survive on McDonald’s food but now that she is getting so mature, she has realized that home cook meals might be a better option. How can you go wrong with Creamy Taco Casserole!
My Christmas is down and the house is put back together. I realized it’s time to get back to real life! That’s so hard for me when the holiday is in the middle of the week. That means I have to feed my family!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it only takes 30 minutes to make! Your whole family will love this! It’s so creamy and made with hamburger, plus who doesn’t love a taco flavor?
- 8 ounces pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, take out the seeds and dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 Roma tomato, and green onions, diced
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Add onion and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, chili powder, and cumin until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef, and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with tomatoes and green onions.
SKILLET DINNER RECIPES