Chocolate is a Superstar at my house, so anytime I can make a dessert starring chocolate, I get a gold star from my family! The problem I have is if I make it I want to eat it. That’s why I wait until the weekend when all my family is around. This brownie cake will blow your skirt up and down!
This cake is incredible! Rich in flavor and so amazing. You will be dreaming about this cake after just one bite!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish cooking oil. Set aside.
- In the bowl, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don't over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting.
- FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over the cake.