Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken! Winner Winner chicken dinner! Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken are on the menu tonight! This takes the cake as far as easy homemade Chinese food.
Matt and I love our Chinese food. We don’t necessarily like how it makes us feel afterward. The grease and the richness of the flavor can make you a little sick after you eat it. When I was pregnant the only thing I could eat for a while without getting sick was PF Changs. It tasted great and wasn’t so greasy as the typical Chinese food.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 3 to 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1 can of pineapple chunks drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil to over medium-high heat. Also, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Dredge the chicken cubes in the cornstarch and then dip in the whisked eggs. Then cook in the oil until they are golden brown, place on a cooling rack to drain the grease. Then put in a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium saucepan put a little olive oil and brown your onions and garlic. Then add ketchup, sugar, kinds of vinegar, and soy sauce. Cook on medium-low until sugar is dissolved. Next, add red pepper and pineapple, cook for an additional minute.
- Then dump over chicken in the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!