The holidays are in full swing and parties are starting to fill our calendars! We have had such nice weather, here in Utah, that it didn’t feel like the holidays to me. It all sunk in when I put up my Christmas decorations last week. This year, I’m all about delicious but super easy recipes. It’s so funny because there are some years that all I want to do is super elaborate dishes but I seem to be over that this year! This mouthwatering pumpkin dump cake will make you do your dance!
You have heard of dump cake before. It was a recipe that became popular in the 80’s by church cookbooks and potlucks. Basically, you dump in a few cans of fruit in a pan and cover it with cake mix and butter and bake it. This is the same idea, only the star of the dish is the pumpkin.
The best thing about making this recipe is that it will take you only minutes to make and then you have enough time to clean up your house before your guests arrive and they will love you for choosing this recipe!
- 1 15 oz can pure Pumpkin
- 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 cup coarsely pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine and pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the entire box of cake mix on top, followed by your nuts, and toffee chips.
- Pour your melted butter evenly on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream or whip cream
Thanks For Stopping By!