Winter Salad is the perfect recipe for this season! You usually don’t think about a green salad in the Winter months, but why not? – This recipe showcases fresh greens, pomegranates, pears, and oranges – finish it off with pecans, blue cheese, and a delicious 4 ingredient dressing!
After feeling like you just rolled out of the holidays. I love sugar cookies, delicious holiday dishes, and you can’t let them go to waste! lol! Your body starts to scream for healthy meals! Mike is back to doing keto and Lisa is trying to get abs of steel. Little old me, just wants to feel better. That is why I made this delicious salad. Of course, it can be a full meal or even a side dish, you chose.
This salad will make your body sing! You can either mix the salad together with the dressing or plate it like this so everyone can choose what they want.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups spring mix
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bosc pear, sliced
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon juice,1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.* Working in batches, add chicken to the grill pan in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine spring mix , broccoli and green onions; drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, honey and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with pear, blood oranges, pomegranate, pecans and blue cheese.