Best Burger Ever!
Nothing says football like a good old hamburger! This time I took it to the top and made the Best Burger Ever! It’s so full of flavor that your guests will be screaming compliments to the referees!
- 2 pounds freshly ground beef
- 1/2 white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, julienned
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 8 very thin slices pancetta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 buns
- 4 slices Havarti semi soft cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Start by forming the meat into 4 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- For the relish: Combine 2 cups water, the vinegar, seeds, corn syrup and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-high heat until the liquid has reduced to a creamy consistency, about 12 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally until caramelized and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Add the beef stock and cook until the skillet is dry, about 3 minutes. Stir the onions into the mustard seed mixture and reserve until needed.
- Meanwhile, lay the pancetta on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the burgers liberally with salt and pepper and grill until medium rare, 4 minutes per side. Brush buns with olive oil and then toast them on the grill.
- Once the bun is toasted, add a slice of cheese on top of each bun. Close the lid until the cheese melts and becomes gooey, about 30 seconds.
- Place the burgers on the buns and top each with the relish and 2 slices of pancetta. Garnish with the tomatoes and lettuce and serve.
Top it off with a Dr. Pepper float and your meal is complete! Let the game begin! It never fails, we always have people cheering each team and it becomes great entertainment! Nothing is better than a good game, good food and people you love!