This weekend, is the start of BBQ season! I love it because so many memories go with food, family, and friends. There are times when I’m so prepared and organized that I even surprise myself! Those moments I deserve a gold star but there are times that preparation is done with a hope and pray that things will fall into place and be fabulous.
I have become a true fan of hacks! I love finding new ways to do things that are easy and will take your party to a different level a amazing! Here are a few that me and my family tried the other day. Happy BBQ-ing!
1. Ripen Avocados Quickly
- Take dark green avocado’s and wrap them in foil. Make sure your avocados haven’t been in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take them out and they will be ready for guacamole
I saw this one on the Today Show. My avocado’s weren’t as soft as I wanted them to be but I think it’s because they had been in the fridge. I never know how to pick a ripe avocado, so I will try this one again.
- In a small pan, take any kind of BBQ sauce and stir in some jam and hot sauce. Heat over a medium heat. Your BBQ sauce will go from ordinary to gourmet in minutes!
3. Perfect Corn:
- Instead of husking your corn before you cook it, place the whole thing into the boiling water, and cook it as long as you would normally would.
- When done, husk it! You will have the cleanest corn in town and the corn silk comes off so easy. This is my favorite hack!
4. Juicy Burgers:
- When making your hamburger patties, make a thumb print in the middle. This will keep your patty a perfect shape.
- Then, place crushed ice in the middle. Cook on the grill and don’t flip the burger until the ice has melted. Your hamburger will be so juicy that you will be dancing in the streets!!! So good!
5. Grease you grill