Better Than Sex Cake
Better Than Sex Cake is a sweet, ultra moist, extra easy cake that everyone raves about! This irresistible cake starts with a box of devil’s food cake mix to keep dessert quick & painless.
I was going through the recipes that I shared when we first started the blog and realized that they are our all-time favorites! The pictures we took back then aren’t the best, but the recipes are.
We will be revisiting a few of them this week and maybe it will be the first time for you and you will discover one of these gems. First at-bat, Better Than Sex Cake!
It’s been a while since I have made this cake and when my 14-year-old saw the ingredients on the counter, she begged me to make it right away!! One bite and she decided that we should make it every month! There are two ways you can make this cake. From scratch or with a cake mix. Both ways are delicious, it just depends on how much time you have. Here is the link to the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever! This time I made it with a cake mix.
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Large Box Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 Bottle Caramel Topping
- 1 Large tub Cool Whip
- 5 to 6 Heath Bars
- Prepare the cake according to the box instructions. Make sure to use a cake pan.
- Once the cake is baked, let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Using a round object, poke holes all through the cake top, but make sure not to go completely through to the bottom of the cake.
- Pour the caramel topping all over the cake, letting it soak into the holes. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Make the box of pudding according to the instructions on the box. Spread evenly on top of the cake.
- Gently spread the Cool Whip onto the pudding layer. Crush the Heath bars and sprinkle on top. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set up and then serve!
8 thoughts on “Better Than Sex Cake”
Wow this looks amazing, I have always made them with pineapple, pudding and whipped topping. I like that is chocolate. thanks for sharing on #OMHGWW this week!
Pinned and Tweeted!
This really is a good cake and your pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing at Friday Favorites link Party. Shared and pinned.
Oh my, this looks fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you will come back and visit us again real soon!
Your post is Featured on The Top Ten for Full Plate Thursday and thanks so much for sharing it with us. Have a great week and come back to see us real soon!
I’m so excited! Thank you!
Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous, rich and delicious cake! This would be such a treat! Thank you for sharing it with us at Hearth and Soul Link Party. Hope to ‘see’ you at the party when we return from summer break this coming Monday, August 7th.
OMG this cake was the best ever made it for my grandkids ..they loved it a good tasting easy cake to make.. will be making this again. thanks for the great recipe.
I’m so glad! Thanks for letting me know!