Lemon Orange Roughy is by far my favorite type of white fish, if you’ve never had it then you best get to your nearest butcher stat!
My husband loves to eat fish and me, not so much. While I was away at girl’s camp he had fish for days. This was his favorite recipe! Girl’s camp was fun we ate some fantastic food, so I’m not too sad I missed fish night every night this week. Anytime you use butter and lemon it’s bound to be good.
He also claims he makes the best corn and so he wanted me to give you his recipe. Maybe on another day, for today enjoy this great fish recipe!
- 2 orange roughy fillets
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium lemon
- Thaw frozen fillets (2 fillets)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Take fillets and cover with melted butter, either by brushing it on or
dipping the fillets in butter. Then remove and season with about 2 teaspoons of salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet to medium or medium-high heat, depending on your stove. Place fillets in skillet and cook uncovered.
- While cooking sprinkle lemon juice on fillets, for 3-4 minutes each side (golden brown). Flip and repeat.
- Plate, eat, and enjoy. Sprinkle lemon to one’s liking.