Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop is here!
Summer is all about anything frozen and on a stick, right? We go through ice cream and Popsicle‘s like crazy at my house! With the temperatures being like they have been and will continue to be this week, we need to find some kind of relief. Let’s hear it for the frozen pop!
This recipe is so easy to make and your kids will love helping you with it. It’s a project that you can do with your munchkins to keep them busy and you have a treat at the end.
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts-chopped
- Put 4 ounces of chocolate chips into a bowl. Place 1/2 cup heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl, cook for about 30 seconds to bring it to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate chips and let sit for about 4 minutes. Add the vanilla and salt and whisk until smooth; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a different bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup heavy cream, powdered sugar and peanut butter. Beat with a hand mixer on medium-high, until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold the peanut butter whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture in three batches until just incorporated but still airy. Freeze until the mixture is firm enough to scoop.
- Lightly coat a ice cream scoop or a Tablespoon with cooking spray. Scoop balls of the frozen moose onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gently press a lollipop stick halfway into each ball. Freeze until firm, at least an hour.
- Before getting the pops out of the freezer, pour the remaining chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, and cook for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let cool for about a minute.
- Put the peanuts in a small bowl. Carefully remove the mousse balls from the baking sheet. One at a time, dip the balls into the melted chocolate, letting the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Then dip them into the peanuts. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
SUMMER TREAT RECIPES