We use to be a meat and potato kind of family until my 4 oldest kids became adults. My son, Zac, is always introducing us to new things that we can cook at home. This soup is fantastic and is light enough to eat in the Summer, or hearty enough for Winter.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 2 Large potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- On a medium heat, brown and crumble your sausage in a soup pan.
- Add the onions, potatoes, and garlic to the pan. Add the chicken broth and water.
- Let cook until the potatoes are done. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the down to low.
- Add the kale and cream, let simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.