Cinnamon Swirl Banana Cake
Make this delicious cinnamon swirl banana cake today! It will make your whole home smell delicious! It’s moist and full of delicious flavor!
You know how it goes…You buy bananas with the best intentions of eating them exactly when they’re at the peak of ripeness, but you fail.
So then you have no choice but to let them get brown and gross looking so you can make some type of banana bread. Happens almost once a month at my house… My kids love it though because we love banana bread!
I wanted to try something different this time, instead of plain banana bread, so we added cinnamon crumble to the top, and then we had to drizzle it with some delicious frosting!
It was the most delicious cake I’ve ever made, and I justified making it for breakfast because it has bananas in it! YAY!
This cinnamon swirl banana cake would be perfect for Christmas morning or for a fun dessert at any time of the week! Or you could justify making it for breakfast as I did! No judgment here my friends!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 small bananas, brown and ripe
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Beat bananas, butter and sugar together until fluffy, add one egg at a time, then mix in dry ingredients and milk alternately until combined. Add vanilla. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan that has been greased. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Then cut the butter into the flour mixture until small pea-sized balls form. Try to not to use your hands because it will warm the butter. You can use a fork or a pastry cutter.
- Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Prepare glaze by whisking powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together. Drizzle over hot cake and serve.
13 thoughts on “Cinnamon Swirl Banana Cake”
This sounds so good!
I can’t wait to make it myself. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
I would love this. I’m a huge fan of cinnamon, so I’d gobble this down.
This sounds so yummy! And it’s a great new way to use ripe bananas and spice up regular banana bread ?
This looks amazing. I love banana cakes and the cinnamon I bet would give it a really good kick in flavour 🙂 I can’t wait to try it!
I like these kinda loaf/cakes. And banana bread is my new favorite. Love your recipe.
This looks like a lovely recipe! Just perfect for fall and the cooler weather.
This cake looks incredibly delicious and mouth-watering! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!
My husband despises bananas but my son and I love to eat them. My favorite to make with past due bananas is mini muffins. I may have to try this recipe instead!
we used to prepare the usual (Mom’s version) of Christmas cake, full of icing on top like a kiddie birthday cake. I think I will suggest this time to make something homey like your Cinnamon Banana cake, hahaha she will like it!
I’m DROOLING this looks so delicious. Better yet it looks very simple to make. I wonder if you could use a banana bread box and add the crumble on top. I just bought a few boxes of banana bread from Aldi.