It’s not a secret that our family loves soup and I don’t think there’s a soup I have met that I didn’t love! My kids claim that their dad is the soup guru and the truth is that is really loves to cook.
I never get credit when I make or help with the soup but that’s okay because my husband can keep that badge of honor. I kind of had a stressful week and when that happens I want comfort food. Through all the stress, confetti chowder was born.
I have had a couple of different soup recipes with similar ingredients but this just seems to have a flavor all it’s own! It will make you happy!
What I love about this chowder, is that it is quick and easy and is ready in minutes!
- 2 medium zucchinis, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 1/2 cups grated Mexican blend cheese
- In a skillet, melt the butter on a medium heat. Add the onion, zucchini, carrots, and parsley. Stir and cook the veggies until tender. Add corn.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil for about 2 minutes, or until the broth has thickened.
- Add in the tomatoes, and milk. Make sure to keep stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stir in the cheese and chicken. Allow the cheese to melt. Enjoy!!