Delicious Churro Popcorn Recipe
Delicious Churro Popcorn Recipe! Tonight, we will be going to our very first demolition derby, and we are pretty excited! We live up the hill from the County Fairgrounds and every year we hear the excitement from the crowd but because the tickets sell out so fast, we have never had the chance to go.
This morning I have been making Churro popcorn so we can have a tasty treat for tonight.
We have a love affair going on with churro’s and this is a perfect combination between the churro and popcorn! This is so quick and easy to make that you will be sharing it with your family and friends!
- 1 1/2 bags of microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/2 butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- After you have popped the popcorn, pour in a big bowl and remove all unpopped kernels, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the TOPPING ingredients for the coating, and then set aside.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- On a medium heat bring to a boil while stirring and keep it boiling until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the baking soda.
- You need to work quickly, pour slowly over the popcorn stirring to coat.
- Sprinkle the top of the popcorn with 1/2 of the TOPPING, then gently stir with spatula. Continue adding more TOPPING until popcorn is completely covered.
- Now it's time to dig in! Enjoy!
Looking For More Popcorn Ideas? Check Out: Gourmet Popcorn!
GOURMET POPCORN RECIPES
10 thoughts on “Delicious Churro Popcorn Recipe”
This looks delicious! The perfect snack for a movie night! 😉 Thanks for sharing at #SmallVictories linkup!
This looks amazing! Perfect combo–churros and popcorn!
Looks amazing…totally off my food plan but I can probably tweak it!
Totally worth it!!!
That looks amazing!! Please come share this at our blog hop we have Wed-Sunday would love to have you! https://www.floydfamilyhomestead.com/
Him Kimberly! Okay, those are probably my two favorite snacks, so it is a mashup from heaven. Sounds amazing!
Oh man, I love churros. How could I not think that it would be an amazing flavor for popcorn!? Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!
Looks yum, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.
I love playing with different flavors of popcorn!! This looks Yummy!! Thanks for sharing on My 2 favorite Things on Thursday! Pinned!