The perfect last-minute edible gift idea for the holidays that’s budget-friendly and so easy to whip up!
- 2 to 3 bags of microwave popped popcorn ( I used the buttered kind and depending how juicy you want your popcorn, will determine how many bags)
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 squares almond bark
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour popcorn in a large bowl with the almonds and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter on a medium heat. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and corn syrup, and combine by stirring constantly. Continue until the sugar has dissolved completely. This will take a few minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add the vanilla and the baking soda. Stir to mix well. The baking soda will make the mixture expand.
- Pour caramel mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat well. Spread popcorn evenly onto 2 baking sheets that are covered with parchment paper. Bake each pan, individually for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the parchment paper with the popcorn still on, onto to the counter top. I placed a couple of new pieces of parchment paper out so I could spread the popcorn out even more.
- Melt the almond bark according to the package instructions. Drizzle it over the popcorn. It was easier for me to use a wooden spoon to drizzle the almond bark.
- Let cool until everything is set and hardened. Then break the popcorn apart and enjoy!