Cinnamon Caramel Popcorn
Cinnamon Caramel Popcorn is the perfect guilty pleasure snack that comes together in minutes!
My cute hubby, Mikie, needed a treat for his work luncheon the other day. I love when he needs a treat because it gives me a chance to try something new. the problem is that he has an hour commute to work. As we were going through options, he kept coming up with reasons that it wouldn’t work with the commute.
Finally, we decided to make some gourmet popcorn. It’s easy to carry and not so fragile that you are afraid it won’t make it to where you need to go. Seriously, it’s amazing how simple popcorn can be transformed into something so divine!
The great thing is that it’s fabulous for any occasion. Tonight, I think I might make a batch to share with some neighbors! Warning! You will not be able to stop eating this popcorn, once you get started!
- 2 to 3 bags of microwave popped popcorn ( I used the buttered kind and depending how juicy you want your popcorn, will determine how many bags)
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 squares almond bark
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour popcorn in a large bowl with the almonds and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter on a medium heat. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and corn syrup, and combine by stirring constantly. Continue until the sugar has dissolved completely. This will take a few minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add the vanilla and the baking soda. Stir to mix well. The baking soda will make the mixture expand.
- Pour caramel mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat well. Spread popcorn evenly onto 2 baking sheets that are covered with parchment paper. Bake each pan, individually for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the parchment paper with the popcorn still on, onto to the counter top. I placed a couple of new pieces of parchment paper out so I could spread the popcorn out even more.
- Melt the almond bark according to the package instructions. Drizzle it over the popcorn. It was easier for me to use a wooden spoon to drizzle the almond bark.
- Let cool until everything is set and hardened. Then break the popcorn apart and enjoy!
10 thoughts on “Yummy Cinnamon Caramel Popcorn”
BB has no doubt this will be a favorito!! Gracias for the recipe, it’s been pinned and saved.
It’s my favorite! thanks for stopping by!
I love caramel corn and this looks delicious! Yum! I found you on Over the Moon 🙂
I am sharing a 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Party where all holiday recipes are welcome! I would love to have you share your recipes with us…we’re creating an eBook cookbook with links to all of the original posts to share with our contributors!
Hope to see you there!
Oh my goodness; that looks so good! Pinned.
What lovely flavours and textures in this yummy holiday snack! Sharing on the H&S Facebook page. Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party!
YUM, sounds good!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 7. Shared.
Wow, I have already printed this and plan to surprise the family with it! My mouth was watering as I looked at all the photos:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinned! xo Kathleen