Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe! A delicious cake with chocolate cake, Oreo ice cream, whipped cream, and Oreo crust. You will love this Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe!
My sweet Gracie really wanted a delicious cake this year, not a cake with the design…her words. I agree that fondant isn’t really the most delicious option out there.
I just can’t believe my 7-year-old didn’t want a fancy cake with glitter and ponies on it… like ALL of her other birthday cakes! Oh well! We all enjoyed this cake and it was gone before we knew it.
I sure wish we had some of this Oreo Ice Cream Cake right now!
First, start with a normal, chocolate cake mix. Bake as directed in two 9 inch pans, but you’ll only need one of your layers for this Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe!
While your cake is baking, use a springform pan to press a crushed Oreo and butter mixture.
I just realized this picture is blurry…my bad… I only took one though, so we’ll have to make do! Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
Then spoon your slightly melted Oreo ice cream over the top of your Oreo crust and let it freeze!
Next, Allow your cake to cool and then stack it on top of the Oreo ice cream and Oreo Crust.
Now whip up some whipped cream with heavy whipping cream and a little confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. Pipe it onto the cake. I used a big star tip to pipe rosettes.
Finally, top your Oreo Ice Cream Cake with a few tablespoons of crushed Oreo and whole Oreo’s to make it look purdy…
Serve it up right away or pop it in the freezer!
- 1 9 inch chocolate cake, made from the box according to pkg directions
- 1 pint of Oreo Ice Cream, softened
- 1 pkg of Oreo's, 2 sleeves crushed, 1 left whole
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of chocolate syrup
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Bake 1 9 inch chocolate cake according to pkg directions. Allow to cool.
- Crush 2 sleeves of Oreo's and combine with melted butter.
- Press into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Top with chocolate syrup, and then melted ice cream.
- Put the pan back in the freezer and allow it completely harden.
- Prepare whipped cream by whipping cream, sugar and vanilla together until stiff peaks form.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and pop out of the spring form pan, top with chocolate cake.
- Pipe whipped cream on the outside of the cake with a large piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Decorate with crushed Oreo's and whole cookies.
- You can use both cake rounds if you like, the cake will just be taller. If you choose to do so, I would suggest using more chocolate syrup to glue it to the bottom of the cookie crust, so the crust is in the middle.