Mouthwatering Earthquake Cake
When we get together as a family, we have to have a dessert! Family dinner isn’t complete without something sweet. A couple of weeks ago we made a mouthwatering earthquake cake and boy was it a big hit!
You will love this recipe because it’s a no-fail dessert! All you do is throw everything in the cake pan and presto, you have dessert!
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In the bottom of the pan, sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds.
- In a bowl, mix the cake mix with the oil, eggs, and water. Pour the cake mix on top of the coconut mixture.
- In a pan, melt butter and cream cheese,on a medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, and combine the powdered sugar until it's smooth.
- Spread the mixture on top of the uncooked cake in the pan, and using a knife, swirl into the cake mix.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. If it doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan, it's done! The toothpick test won't work because the cake is so gooey.