Nothing like a cold treat on a hot summer day! Mint chocolate chip ice cream brownie squares are the only way to go!
When we were kids, Zac always wanted mint chocolate chip pie for his birthday dessert. I never liked mint chocolate chip ice cream when I was younger, but the older I get the more I foods I learn to like. Matt and I were discussing what the best dessert would be for this weekend and this is what we came up with. Warning: this dessert is not only delicious and addictive but it also is super rich! We decided that we better drive around and pass out as much as we could so that we won’t over indulge! I don’t want this in our house, because it was definitely worth every single calorie, but with that comes cardio to burn it off! Be sure to share!
- 1 box Ghirardelli boxed brownies
- 1.5 quarts mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 jar hot fudge
- 1 big container cool whip
- 1/2 bag chopped Andes mints
- Preheat the oven. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix brownies according to directions. Bake at the temperature on the box but for 15 to 20 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Set the ice cream out on the counter for 20 minutes until the ice cream is softened enough to spread over the brownies. Spread over the cooled brownies and then place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to set up.
- Pull out of the freezer, spread the hot fudge on top of the ice cream. Then spread the cool whip evenly over the top of the hot fudge. Sprinkle the Andes mints on top!
- Freeze for at least 3 hours before cutting! Enjoy!