If you have been following our adventures for a while, it’s no secret that we are a big fan of cheesecake! If I have a choice, I will choose cheesecake over most cakes or pies. So this recipe was a no brainer. I can always tell when I have a hit on my hands by how many pieces everyone eats. This was a 2 piece success! With BBQ season just getting started this is a recipe that will knock the socks off of everyone around!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Crust: Put the Oreos in your food processor or blender and pulse them until they are finely chopped. Add the melted butter and mix until blended.
- Transfer the ground Oreos into the prepared pan and press the crumbs down firmly. Bake crust for 10 minutes then set aside. Leave the oven on.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sugar and then add the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Slowly add the egg and the egg yolk until mixed well.
- Gently stir in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour cheesecake batter over the prepared crust and smooth the batter out with a spatula. Bake for 40 minutes. The cheesecake should be set around the edges and still a little soft in the middle. Let cheesecake cool for about an hour before serving.