Chicken Stroganoff is everything you know and loves about Beef Stroganoff… except it’s made with chicken! Rotisserie chicken in a sour cream Stroganoff Sauce, this is a quick dinner you can get on the table in 20 minutes.
And don’t worry….this Chicken Stroganoff recipe makes PLENTY of sauce!!
12 ounces wide egg noodles
3 Tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs, and then drain.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons butter on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and cook until slightly soft. Add the mushrooms and cook and stir until they begin to brown.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter, the chicken, flour, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook and stir.
- Add the chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook until thickened about 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.
- Divide the noodles among the plates and top off with the chicken mixture. Garnish with parsley, a dollop of sour cream, and paprika!
FAMILY DINNER IDEAS