Chicken Stroganoff is everything you know and loves about Beef Stroganoff… except it’s made with chicken! Rotisserie chicken in a sour cream Stroganoff Sauce, this is a quick dinner you can get on the table in 20 minutes.
And don’t worry….this Chicken Stroganoff recipe makes PLENTY of sauce!!
12 ounces wide egg noodles
3 Tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs, and then drain.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons butter on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and cook until slightly soft. Add the mushrooms and cook and stir until they begin to brown.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter, the chicken, flour, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook and stir.
- Add the chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook until thickened about 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.
- Divide the noodles among the plates and top off with the chicken mixture. Garnish with parsley, a dollop of sour cream, and paprika!
FAMILY DINNER IDEAS
5 thoughts on “Delicious Chicken Stroganoff”
Oh man, I haven't had stroganoff in WAY too long! Now I'm craving it!
This looks so good.
Yum, that looks amazing! Pinning it to try. Thank you for sharing it with us at the #HomeMattersParty
This looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday! 🙂
Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, looks delicious pinning.