It’s been a weird week around here. I’ve had a weird sore throat and the kids are starting to get it too…bummer! I haven’t cooked much because I’ve been a zombie on the couch, but last night I was finally feeling good enough to actually cook a meal. I wanted some comfort food since I’ve been under the weather and this casserole just hit the spot.
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound hamburger
- 8 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Cook hamburger in a separate pan until brown.
- Combine hamburger and mushroom mixture to mushroom soup.
- Spread hash browns in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour hamburger mixture over hash browns
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes
- Add shredded cheese to the top and bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.