Christmas celebrations are in full swing around our house! We finally got up all our Christmas decorations and we went to my husband’s work party. This time of year is so magical and a great time to be thankful for everything we have. I was in the baking mood the other day and decided to make cranberry bread for my sweet ladies that I see for visiting teaching. The smell that will come out of your kitchen while this bread is baking will make it so hard for you to give this away! It’s a beautiful bread that will make everyone that has a piece feel loved.
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 orange zest
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, cut in small chunks
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon orange zest
2 to 4 Tablespoons orange juice
1/4 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper to put in the bottom of your bread pan (9×5 inch), it makes it easier for the bread to come out of the pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a different bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the orange juice, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before removing the bread from the pan ( I take a butter knife and gently run it around the edges to make it easier to remove the loaf from the pan). Then let it completely cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, orange zest, and walnuts. Add the orange juice. Slowly pour the glaze over the top of the bread.
* To roast the walnuts, put the chopped walnuts onto a baking sheet and bake on 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “lologi08-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “c10cac076f7ffee8624305a6e2c26a62”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B012HJ6Q3Q,B002CXEW1G,0544580141,B00OAEVSTY”;