I have seen popovers all over the place, lately, and wanted to try them out. So I bought me a fancy popover pan from Amazon because I wanted to make the perfect popover, but I’ve found out that you can make these little gems without the fancy pan and you can use your muffin tin! They will still look amazing and taste great too! I think anyone can make these and have them turn out. They are so easy and quick that you will want to try these soon!
Ingredients: click to print
3 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. You will want the rack in the oven to be set on the lower racks. Place a baking sheet in the oven while it heats.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of butter in each well of the popover or muffin tin pan, set aside.
- In a blender, 1 tablespoon butter, eggs, milk, sugar, and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Set mixture aside.
- Place the prepared pan into the oven on the heated baking sheet and bake until the butter sizzles, it will take about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan and the baking sheet from the oven. Pour the batter into each wells of the pan, 3/4 full of batter.
- Return the pan and baking sheet to the oven. Bake until the popovers are puffed and the tops are starting to brown, about 20 minutes. Do not open the oven door during the baking time. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until the popovers are golden brown all over, about 15 minutes more. Do not open the oven door until the popovers have baked at least 35 minutes.
- Serve immediately.