Our family has become obsessed with perfecting bread recipes. It’s absolutely nuts, we are so competitive we keep trying to one-up, one another! I love rolls!!
Wheat rolls are awesome especially when they are heavy and sweet at the same time! These are great! Give them a try!
2 1/2 cups boiling water
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
1 tablespoon of sea salt
1/2 cup honey
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 1/3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup (1 ounce) nonfat dry milk
4 teaspoons instant yeast
1. Place the boiling water, oats, butter, salt, and honey into a medium bowl, stir, and let the mixture cool to lukewarm.
2. Stir in yeast, but make sure it’s lukewarm, if not it may kill your yeast. Mix the remaining dough ingredients with the oat mixture, and knead with a mixer, bread machine, or by hand; until you’ve made a soft, smooth dough.
3. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise for 1 hour; the dough should be doubled in bulk.
4. Lightly grease two 9×13-inch pans. Gently deflate the dough; it’ll be sticky, so oil your hands. Cut and shape the rolls into even weights. Place it in the prepared pan. Cover it gently with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow it to rise until it has doubled in size. About 1 to 1 1/2 hours, if you have a cold house it may take longer.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
6. Take out of the oven, after a minute, place on a cooling rack. Brush with butter and sprinkle extra oats on top.
Your Closest CHEERLEADERS! We are your big sisters , cheerleaders , and confidence boosters in building a happy home. We are the Lou Lou Girls!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.