Mimis Cafe Honey Oat Bran Muffin Copycat
Mimi’s Cafe may hate me to say this, but the only reason I go there is for these muffins. I will admit mine do not look as good as theirs because they have had years of practice!
They taste just as good or better because as always I have added a little twist! These are the epitome of comfort food for me! I hope you like them.
We had a hard time trying to find wheat bran, but I found it at Beehives in Spanish Fork by Kmart, I heard that Good Earth might also have it. Anyways, it was cheap so that’s always exciting!
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
1 cup flour
1 cup wheat bran
4 tsp dry milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze together, set aside.
2. In a stand mixer put in your brown sugar, honey, molasses, and vegetable oil and mix until it is smooth. Then add the egg, water, and orange zest.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients including flour, wheat bran, salt, dry milk powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Then slowly add dry ingredients into stand mixer bowl.
4. Evenly distribute the glaze into each of the 12 cupcake tins, spread over the bottom, and the sides until covered completely.
5. Fill the cups 2/3’s of the way full. Don’t fill them too full or else it will overflow. Bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Once they are done baking flip out of the tin immediately. Add a little butter on top and enjoy!!