Apple Cinnamon is my most favorite everything. I love it in desserts, breakfast foods, dinner, anything. Andie hates when I make apple cinnamon stuff, she complains that that’s all that I know how to make. These muffins were really good though, so they are worth giving it a try!
2 cups flour (2 teaspoons for coating the apples)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups of diced granny smith apples
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add one egg at a time and then add vanilla to kitchen aid stand mixer.
3. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon.
4. Coat diced apples in 2 teaspoons with flour. Add flour mixture to butter and add the milk. Mix until batter is smooth. Fold in the apples
5. Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Once the muffins have cooled, dip the muffin tops in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture!
7. Eat up!!