Watermelon Lime Sorbet
This week has been so HOT!!!! I swear we have been having July temperatures in the month of June! I have been craving, cold, slushy treats and I can’t get enough watermelon in my diet.
My youngest grandson, Cooper, can seriously eat almost a half of watermelon in my sitting, now I understand how he feels. This is a quick and easy treat that will keep you cool and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Mix the sugar and water together in a small pan. Cook on medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Pour 4 cups of watermelon into a blender and puree.
- Squeeze the juice from the fresh limes into the puree and then add the simple syrup to the puree, and mix well.
- Pour into a 9×9 casserole dish, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place into the freezer for 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and then once out, take a fork to loosen it up. You can even put chunks into the blender for a second to make it smooth.
ICE CREAM RECIPES