1 3/4 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 stick of butter
1 can of Eagle brand sweet and condensed milk
1 can of brown sugar (use the can of Eagle brand to measure)
1 can Karo Syrup
2 cups Guitiarrd Milk chocolate chips
2 teaspoons shortening
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the kitchen aid cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour, and salt until it is combined.
3. Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface.
4. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick.
5. With a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
7. While baking, in a sauce pan combine all the ingredients for the caramel. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until you can drop in ice water and it forms a firm ball of caramel. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
8. After the cookies cooled, spread slightly warm caramel on top.
9. Microwave chocolate chips and shortening for 30 sec and then stir. Repeat until the chocolate stirs smooth.
10. Top the caramel with the chocolate. Allow to cool completely!