These Cherry Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect dessert for celebrating a special, but also easy enough to be your new everyday favorite.
All week we try hard not to have extra treats around the house trying as a family to be healthy, but Sunday when we all gather together as a family it feels like a celebration!
The great thing about making it for Sunday dinner, is you get a yummy treat but it’s gone fast so there isn’t a lot of leftovers to tempt you for later.
My Cassie has always loved anything cherry for desserts and I absolutely love cheesecake! This is the best of two worlds.
Ingredients: Click to print recipe
3 cups flour
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup cold salted butter, cut into small cubes
24 ounces whipped cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
1 cup powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Make the crumb: In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder. Using a fork or pastry cutter blend the butter and then the egg into the flour mixture. The dough will be crumbly. Press half the dough into the pan with your hands, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, and then let cool.
- Make the filling: In a different bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, and the sugar until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust, make sure it’s even. Spoon the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese mixture. Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the cherry layer.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Cool completely before adding the glaze.
- Make the glaze: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the bars and let set.
Recipes like this one remind me of something my cute grandma would make and it feels like home!
Check out These Recipes!